Thursday, February 5, 2009

REALLY?!?!?! Barack! You got 2 babies.

     I just ran across a story about a ten year old child in my hometown city of Chicago that committed suicide.  At Ten Years OLD!!!!!  Is anyone else shocked alarmed or completely thrown off by this fact?  A 10 YEAR OLD BABY!  Suicide is bad at any age, but damn it Gina, a ten Year Old?!?!  I cannot believe that this child took his own life!  This happened in Evanston, and if I know anything about Chicago area politics, somebody is trying to keep somebody out of trouble.  Regardless this shit just makes no sense whatsoever.  I wish those truly responsible would come forward...  I know his Momma GOT to be sick right now!  I am so angry about this....

      I love how the medical examiners office is expecting us to believe this shit in GP.  Knowing good and well that  (forgive the truth)  suicide amongst boys in the 10-15 age group in highest in little white boys. But, this was a black child in Evanston, and it seems like the M.E. just went back to his standard protocol without so much as looking for another cause, like some ignant little bastards at this boys' school.  The school says they don't even know where this child was supposed to be when he was found dead.  The cause be damned, can anybody explain to me why NOBODY knew, nor noticed, this child was gone?  For Hours?!?!

    Now...  Mr. President, I know you have been officially in office for less than a month, and everything that needs doing is going to take some more time than this to fix,  but we have got to do something about these babies!  I know that I am not alone when I say that Bush's No Child Left Behind policy has done nothing but leave more children lost in the shuffle than it has helped.  Classroom sizes are out of control, teachers are overworked and underpaid, textbooks and digital supplies are all but nonexistent in some cases, and babies are left to die in a bathroom while not a single person notices they are gone.  The implications of what the next generation is growing into incites my ire daily.  We as Americans have GOT to do better.  I can't condone the state of this union.  None of us can.  It's why we hired you in the first place, brother.  Cause your plans are different.  You charge each of us to incite the change that we wish to see, and to Actively Participate in it's creation.  

     Alright.  I accept.  Now can you tell me how we are to fix schools so that my daughter can have an English book to use?  She's in the fourth grade!  Almost the same age as this boy who was killed! And She doesn't have an English book.  She's being tested on mastery of this nation's primary language without a textbook to study from in the process!  Fortunately for her, both of her parents are writers, so she has the opportunity to ask us, and we can assist.  How many of her classmates and grademates the country over don't have that luxury?  She attends a public school because at this point in her life, neither her mother, nor I can afford to just send her to the University of Chicago Lab School.  At $17-22,000 per year, it's a little outta my budget.  But is she to suffer because of the failed policies of your predecessor?  How many other mothers are to receive a call from a coroner saying that their babies just committed suicide? caught a stray bullet? were malled by angry pits? All because this school system as it stands is not giving them the proper tools to be able to arm themselves on all fronts?  

    Like I said, I know you just got into this position recently, and you warned us on November 4 that it would take you a while to settle in and get things going.  I was in Grant Park that night, and I felt your inspiration waft across it like so many auric blankets.  But I just would like to remind you, bruh, that I am your constituent. I know the financial woes of the US are pressing like never before, but...  

    Sidwell Friends is not an option for most of us right now.  Neither is The Lab School, nor its contemporaries.  I need you and Arne, and whoever else you have in Education right now, to get this ball rolling as soon as you can.


I'm out ya'll.

O.

 

1 comment:

  1. INSANE..and why isnt anyone hollering murder...? Nothing about that crime said suicide! Tam

    ReplyDelete